Porch – four panes of stained glass inscribed in commemoration of Ellen Wildman the founder of the
Medieval Piscine – marks the site of one of the ancient altars. An altar dedicated in honour of Our Lady was placed here in 1943.
Queen Katherine’s Window – situated in the easternmost window in the south wall. This window, dedicated in February 1984, was designed and made by Christine Boyce of Silsoe. It is worthy of much attention for any visitor. It shows the Queen at prayer on the left panel and the right panel shows her heraldic devices.
Monumental Brasses – These were originally set in the church floor above the graves of the prominent citizens of Ampthill but over the years they became displaced and kept loose in the church chest. Some had to be reclaimed from a
Richard Nicolls monument incorporating the cannon ball which killed him – Richard Nicolls was a local inhabitant who became the first governor of
Tower – there are eight bells and they are inscribed with their own history. The medieval bells were obviously replaced or melted to be recast, as the current bells are dated and marked as recast 1898 in five cases, then one is marked 1899, the latest two being dated 1980.
The Clock – installed in 1900 and in 1985 its winding gear was automated. Although mention of a church clock here is found in a document dated 1708, no actual details are available. Prior to the current clock only the hours were struck. This newer clock however strikes the
The Gallery – in the tower as part of the 1847-48 restorations. At one time it housed the organ.
The Roll of Honour on south wall – to the fallen in the First World War.
Lych Gate at the Entrance – was erected in 1903 and replaced iron gates from 1843; it is believed that the medieval gates collapsed in 1728.
War Memorial – which is in fact one of two memorials in the town as agreement could not be reached on where it should be placed.